Looks like you're new!

Join a server and type /password (password) to set a password for your account, you can login with it here.

Petition To Bring Back Old Shop
  • Hello Everyone, and Staff as well. I am starting this discussion to hear people's opinions on the new shop system.

If enough players on the Dancraft Network agree, this discussion also serves as a petition list to encourage Dan (and any other staff) to consider bringing back how the shop used to be.

If you are not aware, many items' sell prices have been nerfed. When you currently try to sell certain types of loot (like Iron, rotten flesh, bones, and more) the sell price VERY quickly falls down to $0.1. The more you sell the more the sell price drops. And damn, does it drop to $0.1 quick. Many players (and myself) agree that this is just ridiculous. Those who worked hard to build certain farms at the beginning of the new update, now barely get any kind of money to use on the server. Those who purchased spawner keys, or worked hard and spent a lot of in-game money to get a hold of spawners, are now left helpless, and basically got their end of the deal TAKEN AWAY. If the Dancraft donation store told me "We will soon nerf the sell price of pretty much everything, and spawners will be close to useless (compared to what they were before)" I would have never bought keys for skyblock.

Now, I understand that some people wanted a challenge, and that this whole thing is an effort to "balance" the economy. But let me clear up a few things:
    1) Since when do a handful of players have the say over the WHOLE server?
    2)If the point of this is to "balance" the economy, then what about all the players that got rich before everything got nerfed? If you are one of those rich people, I understand that this was to your benefit, and you may not agree (p.s. I am one of those people). But to those who are just starting off they are at a BIG disatvantage. The players who were playing a few weeks before were able to rack up serious money.

Dan, if you were serious about "balancing the economy", you would have reset balances, and hell, maybe even islands. By NOT doing so, you are basically saying "Ok, a handfull of you can start out rich, have the advantage, and do anything you want on the server. The rest of you.....good luck".

Looking at it logically, the best option to balance the economy would be to either reset everything, and make everyone have to work the same way from the start, OR, back it up and bring back how the shop used to be before.
    Everyone, please comment below what you think on the topic!
  • Honestly, as long as they keep /sell I don't mind it.
  • I think that the way the eco plummets to $0.1 is ridiculous. and the way the decorations cost so much like it cost so much to make my island look decent? No. I think it shouldn't be super expensive and I feel as if it shouldn't be so broken to the point where I wasted time on making farms and what not. I should be able to make money point blank
  • @greeem
    I can see the benefit of that... But I just don't really see the point of it when you can't sell more than 3 stacks of something without the price dropping to $0.1. You used to be able to fill up the whole /sell inventory with stuff and get the reasonable amount of money for all of it. Now, put in more than 3 stacks of anycrap and you are basically losing money. You are stuck selling in small amounts, and having to wait (for what feels like forever) to sell at the higher price again.

For people who are seriously committed to the game and have nothing else to do, yeah sure they can spend all day waiting and selling. For casual players who don't play as much and as seriously, they are out of luck. Some people just want to afk, do something else with their life in the meantime, then come back, gain money to buy stuff, and have fun building anything they want and sharing it with others. That's what satisfies those kind of players. With the new shop economy system, they can't do that as much.
  • @CapnGar I agree. Farms should still generate more revenue compared to what it is right now.