Looks like you're new!

Join a server and type /password (password) to set a password for your account, you can login with it here.

Dancraft is trash I’m leaving! ABSOLUTE TRASHHHH FLIP DIS TRASH SERVER (ReskinGetsRekt)
  • Sorry for clickbait title, but I had to grab your attention. Don’t leave. I’m not really leaving, and Dancraft is not trash, but I feel a little like I should leave. Read below to see why.

I quit? So many people have and I personally see why. Dan removed games, made a ton of bullcrap, basically ruined Dancraft... He doesn't have any volunteers, refuses to hire any staff members, most of which would work for free, and tries to improve and create things he thinks are cool but others don't. the OS factions and skyblock aren't very popular. I think if he had made OS ulti or OpPVP those would be booming, because TBH, who likes the new versions better? Not me. I'm not here to slam Dan, but instead to give him suggestions. He should have volunteers help him with lobbies, add the "helper" rank which he said he would add but is yet to. Also when you make forum posts about "Dancraft Sux!" or anything bad, it can discourage him and Kubsz. Lets give Dan and Kubsz a round of applause for what he has done to improve this server (after killing it) *clap clap clap clap* Personally I think people are slamming Dan too hard, and the forums have become quite negative. I really enjoy the server and I feel Dan needs some support! He works is butthole off for us, to have a good and fun time on his server. In a way, he has helped me grow up, and shown me right from wrong, and even though there are a few things he has done that I don't like, I am happy with how Dancraft is turning out and I don't think it is right at all to call Dan "lazy" or any other insults. Before the reset, he worked 14 hours straight for us to have a better server! I mean, that takes some commitment and hard work right there! If you agree with me, comment down below. If you don't, then why don't you say why at https://www.dancraft.net/suggest or email Danny a little message. I know I get frequent hate from people on the server, and I feel Dancraft's players are getting meaner. Not much to do about it. Also Dan, there is a mobile app called "Minechat" that a ton of people use, and you can advertise the server on there! I guess I don't have many credits to say anything, and I got slammed like CRAZY in my post "Love you Danny" and I know about half of this was copied from that, but really? Just because I made a few mistakes, doesn't mean I can't make suggestions. I have a very limited amount of friends, and the few I do have almost always stick up for me. Thanks Jujuuu_x, Juliaserek, and GingerGetsRekt for always supporting me. I hope this actually gets seen, as I know my other post was kind of ignored. I hope you see this too Dan and Kubsz. I really feel like this is going too far. Dan, you are wasting time. DCPolice is very correct. You are wasting time. I feel updates are needed, but most of them lately have been irrelevant. Also I feel that cyber bullying is an issue on Dancraft, but I think the helper rank could help that. Also, maybe so forum “helpers” who can delete posts or comments with cussing, to bring down the misbehavior on forums. I think some comments are unfair, recently ronaldo917917 said some pretty harsh things, saying that I ruined the server. I didn’t. Dan did. Now that’s harsh of me to say but true, as many people will agree that the old updates were BETTER. I hope people pay attention to this. This is kinda thrown around, the grammer police got really mad and called me. Actually it may have been a asylum but who cares. Back to the forum issues and my personal issues. I can’t stress how much that ronaldo917917 has TRIGGERED me, but I know not many people care about my feelings... done for now, I’ll write more when I think of stuffs.

Yay! I thought of stuffs! I enjoyed looking at the current feedback, and I understand it is hard and expensive to advertise, but I thought of a way to get advertising for free. IDB1017 does Youtube videos for a person on Soundcloud , and in return, is payed with in-game balance. How this relates is that you could offer in-game incentives to people who do videos for Dancraft. This may be difficult to implement, but if its possible could get Dancraft a huge player base. This would be extremely useful and is a creative way to get main Dancraft players to make videos. I understand the player count is going down, and people are leaving. I think if you were to offer prizes based on playtime (but not AFK playtime, which could be abused) to keep players playing, with increasingly cool incentives. I can not stress how much the "helper" rank needs to be implemented. I think a issue with the helper rank, is that there really not that many good people that could be a helper. I think this comment by xSnowwy_Z, saying; "Dan will not be reading this application
    The reason DansTooGood or Kubsz will not be reading this application is because they hand pick their own staff members, they watch on how your performance and reputation is on the Dancraft network. They have done a staff team in the past, it failed horribly since all of the Moderators were abusing, or either inactive, then he came back with the Helper rank which you cannot apply for. Secondly, it's that DansTooGood is not a fan of staff members since they do more harm than good, that is also why DansTooGood closed down the staff team. To be honest, you basically wasted about 10-20 minutes of your time to make this application for no reason at all, because they hand pick the staff as I already said." While most likely true, it was a little unfair to say THEY WILL NOT READ DIS. They try to check forums, but not accept staff from forums is smart. Too easy to get a abusive staff member, but staff is necessary. He should do voice interviews on Discord, or hand pick them as he already does (?) I'm not sure if he does or not but I think he does. There is one person, that you should make staff: Greeem. He is extremely good at programming, and he could help with that. I used to be admin on his server, and I asked him to make a clearchat command. I swear he made it in less than 5 MINUTES!!! He is very talented and is a dedicated obby on Dancraft, and i'm sure he would help. I know you don't normally accept staff, but whether or not you like it. DANCRAFT NEEDZ NEW STAFFZ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻. I really enjoy this server and hope that it can be rescued. I saw Dan's image below about popularity of Minecraft in general dropping, and agree that this is a main factor on Dancraft's popularity dropping.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/ZbrxSMfMQSmFCXYar0oOvw.png

I am constantly updating this post, so keep checking for more!

-reskin
  • This server used to be my favorite. Now, I really could care less about it.
    Dan really ruined the server. He focused a lot on stupid irrelevant updates when he really should have had advertised more. Dancraft does not need updates, IT NEEDS PLAYERS!!!
  • @ReskinGetsRekt Thank you for the kind words. We are always working to improve Dancraft and are happy to take on board any suggestions. It is nice to see players appreciate the work we put into the server!

( @DCPolice too ).. We understand that Dancraft does not have the same playerbase that it used to have, this is down to both a lack of management in late 2016 and early 2017 from us, but also Minecraft interest as a whole. The below image shows that searches on Google for the phrase "Minecraft servers" has dropped to 16% of what it was at peak (August 2015):
    Whilst this isn't representative of the whole Minecraft community, it is a good statistic to look at and take into consideration when comparing Dancraft's playercount to what it used to be.

It's very easy to tell us to "advertise more" ( @DCPolice ), but saying that you could "care less" about the server when you are actively playing on it and commenting on the forums is quite the contradiction.

The reality is that advertising costs a lot of money, especially around the Christmas period (December - January), and isn't something that we can click our fingers to make work. See here for the results of an advertising auction just 2 days ago (Dancraft's bid is in bold):
    I think a lot of players underestimate just how hard and expensive it is to promote a server. We don't usually release images regarding the amount of money Dancraft puts into things like advertising, but I think given the amount of slander we have received for the lack of players online lately, the above image is needed.

To summarize - we are growing and marketing Dancraft, but if you consider yourself a member of our community, it's a joint effort. You should welcome new players, answer their questions and help them out. Advertising opportunities aren't cheap and don't come about often, we hope you can appreciate our transparency about this.
  • @admin, that's nice and all but was is your plan for growing Dancraft? Updates? From what I've seen, that isn't working.
  • @DCPolice Since September Dancraft has released: 2 new Ulti servers, a new Skyblock server, a new Factions server, a new OP PVP server, two new OS Servers, countless smaller features introduced. We're always working to improve Dancraft, and are happy to take on board your suggestions for updates if you have any.

If you comment was in regards to how we are growing Dancraft, read all of my post.
  • @admin I do not mean to criticize, or bash dancraft staff or the server in any way nor do I want to talk bad about the way you are choosing to grow the server. I just think that the money should go towards youtbers and media creaters, in my view that would be the best way to grow the server (each to their own) I hate to say it but the playercount is only high when the paid streamers are on :(
  • @admin I would love to give the server some suggestions for new mechanics and features, keep up the good work.
  • @t0mmo understood. Unfortunately, it isn't viable for us to contract media creators solely. It is generally very expensive (on average 10,000 views costs about $150) and as you said, very temporary - the players tend to only play on the server whilst the media creator is actively making a series, etc. I really wish it was a viable way of growing Dancraft and whilst we may employ a media creator from time to time, we can't rely on it as a main method of marketing: it's both too expensive and too temporary.

We've been running servers for years and know what we're doing. It is just something that takes time - we can't click our fingers and grow the server, as some players (who like their voices to be heard) would expect.

I do appreciate the feedback and suggestion though. I hope my response was helpful.
  • @Admin my opinion is you should close dancraft and work on another server let me tell you something you are not hiring staff you are not improving it by updates the old school factions didnt work because u lack of commuication and waited for so long but anyway your ban system is trash this time i got false banned and bugs glitches your payment shit is ass i dont want to be rude just my opinion i am working on a server my self and i am taking my time to improve stuff and work on glitches all this stuff im sorry But dancraft is dead #v4thebest If i do get unbanned its up to you but im not making an appeal just for an unban good bye dancraft May you guys have fun i will see how the server goes @allhaildan XD
  • I Remember this even when dancraft was going down

Hey People of dancraft its me pika welcome i know u guys hate me i want to talk about the staff and mods its ok if they make mistakes we all make mistakes like britishteen and kubs thelegendcookie and holliebrine just talk to them i want to talk to the mods here

BritishTeen/Brit: you need to stop closing the threads you should first talk about it then close it or if people want you to close the thread then close it please dont just randomly close i know you work hard and help out just please do stuff that people will like you i hear rumors you abuse but i don't see it so do good please.

HollieBrine: I have never seen you on at all i was wondering do you help out if your not on all the time whats point some mods need to look out if you not on for atleast and hour give the job to someone else i dont want to sound like a hate but please hollibrine help out more please

Kubs: You use to ban so many people like hackers abuser you banned me even because i abused and i am glad that u help out so many times in the update you did the right thing i want you to atleast come one a little more please have fun with the people of dancraft ban people who break the rule you are the best mod i ever seen :)

Vin: I have never ever seen u on i seen you one time at least get on do your job if you don't want to do your job then give to someone else please we all need to make the server a better place i know you guys are busy i dont blame you theirs school homework all that crap so you guys dont have time

DansTooGood: Hey DansTooGood here are some suggestions you need more mods who are willing to ban rule breakers because the more mods their are the more hackers that can be banned alot of people been applying just think about your work dan help the server by getting more mods that will be all.

So i hope you read this and please don't think im hating i am just telling you guys some stuff i think you should do
  • A staff team would be good, but we don't want abusive staff on though. That has killed a lot of servers
  • @Tropical_Mango anything run by you is not worth spending any time on instead of reminiscing on times prior to this why don't you either buy an un-ban or stop bugging Dan. Hollie, Britt And vin are no longer staff members on here - most of them don't play MC at all. Just stop causing this community to become more toxic by flaming Dan and what he does, if you took the time to read Dan's responses you would see that he is spending large am amounts of his money that he works for, appreciate that he is back and he is willing to commit this much time and money into his creation. Just give it time.
  • Very interesting how you're saying the Dancraft community is harsh yet you still pick on me. The title of this discussion is this server is trash, how is that not ' slamming ' the server? I really don't understand and when did I say that you ruined this server? You ruined part of this server by greifing little kids who are clueless and using them, you also have ruined my experience on this server and I really dislike that... You clearly do not understand this server at all, you don't know anything so just don't say anything.. I'm making you triggered? How? By shaming you for blowing up my island? I'm sorry... You don't realize that people are helping the community, you're one of those people who is being talked to by the people who are helping so seriously if you could just stop... And btw you shouldn't reccomend Greeem as a player who should be staff. He's mean and abusive, I tried making a redstone clock and I got banned from his server, also I was banned for 'staff impersonation' because my /nick was red... So next time you make one of these hate posts think before you press post, and think about the people that you're shaming in the posts and how YOU have affected them - Think about how you're the real bully.