Looks like you're new!

Join a server and type /password (password) to set a password for your account, you can login with it here.

Is Dancraft REALLY dead?
  • Lately, I have been seeing aLOT of posts saying people are leaving, and that dancraft is dead. One question: Is it really? I mean, we have awesome people like @RD_PVP who banned like at least 40 hackers, and the admin are on a lot recently (on forum) Sure, they never actually play, and there are only 3 staff here, but there is always room for improvement. A MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE: If you are thinking about leaving because of lack of staff or hackers, than we have to all work together to make dancraft a better server. I'm not going for that ruddy hashtag biz, cuz that never works. But I think we should all ban hackers, not be lazy, and contact the staff. The staff dont treat dancraft like its theirs anymore, so i guess we gotta take dancraft for our own! I dont mean dethrone the admin, I mean all ban hackers, all STOP hacking, and make dancraft a better server! Now if ur gonna comment 'lame' or 'noob' on me. fine. I guess you want dancraft to stay in the trash like it is right now.
  • They promised kitpvp and prison between April 20th and April 30th. Where are we now? The server has been out for about 5 months. I don't think it takes that long. Literally at least just download a map. I don't really care anymore at this point.
  • @Tina87, I don't know about you but it's april 3rd... Not sure If you meant March? And It's really not that simple, do you remember the amount of bugs, reports, hackers and glitches in the previous map? I do, solving those issues is different for all servers, of course much larger servers can fix the issue within the hour but it's not that easy or simple on a smaller server like Dancraft, By the way I'm pretty sure Dan and Kubsz used the phrase "ETA" which stands for ESTIMATED time of arrival, Emphasis on ESTIMATED, When people ask why do you think sometimes they don't answer because you can't predict the future and I know from having a small server of my own it's incredibly difficult to maintain (Don't judge me it was 10 players :D)

Respect to that @CryptoSmash Couldn't have put it better my self! <3
  • Sorry I meant March. Sure, it's not easy but 5 months is seriously too long.
  • preach bruh
  • @Tina87 Perfection doesn't have a time scale...
  • R.I.P DC, died 20th December 2014.
  • @CryptoSmash @Tina87 @RD_PVP We do not think Dancraft is dead and it has had steady playercounts/joins since our update in December. The majority of those proclaiming the "death" of the server do not play any more as a result of a sanction or inability to play Dancraft in a way that was possible previously - i.e. scamming, overpowered perks, being rude, hacking, etc. I do not mean to generalize here as we have not maintained great communication with the community and do not respond to such threads often enough which definitely has contributed to the problem.

KitPVP and Prison have failed to be released by our deadline and there are many reasons for this. Whilst it is rather unprofessional and embarrassing for us to discuss these reasons, the principle of the current delay is due to that fact that we were planning to purchase a sponsored slot on several server lists to provide traffic for our new game modes. However, we failed to place a bid within the top 5 before the auction(s) closed. As a result of this, we are now awaiting the next bidding period (2 weeks) to obtain a sponsored slot. I'd like to apologize personally for this as this is/was my fault and nothing to do with other members of the team. Hopefully when we release the previously mentioned servers, the morale of the community will improve. We are considering running a beta and also releasing our already developed systems such as the automated anti-hack before the launch of the servers.

I hope this has cleared things up and once again, apologize for the lack of communication regarding this.
  • *3 weeks later*
  • Dan be a lad and accept my steam friend request?
  • Get me out of silver pls Dan <3
  • Also, maybe check the player counts. They're way off.
  • @admin I never said dancraft was dead. I'm just complaining about the people who say that. I'm sorry if I came off rude, but the point of this post was to say to everyone instead of saying DC is dead, we should work together and make it a better place. Also, no need to feel bad about the delay. What matters is that KitPVP and Prison are coming, not when:)
  • @admin That was part of my argument that things happen which are out of our control sometimes in this case it does sound like things could have been different but who are we to say such things and to bombard the forums with these threads, it's shameful.
  • @CryptoSmash Don't worry, I didn't mean to infer I thought you were. I responded to this thread because it was constructive, unlike those you were referring to!

@RD_PVP Correct. Whilst this technically could have been prevented with better preparation, we learn and move on. It is counter-productive to be negative.
  • @admin here's to a better Dancraft!!
  • I bet RD_PVP cries every time he sees a Dan h8 comment
  • F off. At least we're not whiny ungrateful fags like everyone who complains. I mean Dancraft is under a bit of siege, but it is slowly getting better -_-
  • @admin Now would this beta be open to Emerald and Obsidian? Also may people are accusing the server of using fake slots to increase the player count. Is this true?
  • Ì saw a player-count of 267 yesterday... bullshit Dan.